This Father’s Day, go the extra mile and show the dads in your life how much they mean to you by making them a card. Just follow these simple steps to create your Father’s Day card:
First be sure you have the appropriate materials:
- White card stock
- White scrap card
- Words rubber stamp : You're Special, Dad
- Hero Arts rubber stamp : tie image
- Dark blue ink pad
- Clear embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Craft Knife
- Steel Ruler
Then follow these steps:
- Trim white card stock and fold to make a basic blank card.
- Mark center of card front and score a line from the top to the bottom of the card.
- Use your knife to make a half inch cut from the top on the score line.
- From the cut mark half inch to the right and also to the left.
- Score and fold to make collar of shirt.
- From the center bottom, make a one inch cut from the bottom on the score line.
- Mark lightly about 3/4 inch to the right, score and fold.
- Ink tie rubber stamp with dark blue ink and stamp on white scrap.
- Pour clear embossing powder on the stamped image. Shake off excess powder and heat.
- Trim the embossed tie image.
- Ink words rubber stamp with dark ink and stamp on right side of white card front. Heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Glue top of tie to the collar.
- Optional: Color stripes of tie with blue and brown markers.