Everyone north, south, east and west has seen their fair share of wild weather this winter season - and it's not over yet.
As the south gets blasted with wintry mix (6 inches of snow is like 6 feet for someone who never sees it) they'll be plenty of school and work closings.
So what do you do with all of that extra time? We've got our Top 5 things to do with the family when you're snowed in.
1) Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean you can't decorate! The simplest blizzard craft? White paper and scissors. We're talking about making paper snowflakes, of course.
2) Fireless smores - Have a fondue pot? Actually, you don't even need one. Melt some chocolate in a bowl, dip the grahams in the chocolate and toast up some marshmallows for some nontraditional smores.
3) Build a fortress ... inside - Create your own winter wonderland (without the biting cold) inside from blankets and chairs and whatever furniture floats your boat.
4) Movie Night - Whether you're streaming Netflix or tapping into your own DVD collection, being snowed in is the perfect time to have a movie party. Make some hot chocolate, grab some blankets and you're good to go.
5) Story and Playtime - Being snowed in can be a rare time when both parents and kids have off during the week. Why not act out your favorite book. You can create crazy costumes from clothing you already have. Mom's costume jewelry goes a long way for a princess!