Just because Autumn has begun doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy beautiful blooms. I actually love flowers for fall. Bold hues like bright orange and red blooms are popular choices and easy ways to brighten up your home as the colors outside begin to fade. Putting together a fall floral arrangement doesn’t have to be difficult either. Check out these great tips from the Great Places Directory.
- Find a great vase around your house or purchase a mason jar. You can typically find mason jars at discount stores for extremely affordable prices, although you may be required to purchase them by the dozen.
- Select some of your favorite fall flowers. Some popular choices are sunflowers, gerber daisies, and chrysanthemums.
- Use a florist shears to trim the stems at an angle to the desired height.
- Partially fill the mason jar or vase with water and add flower food. If you don’t have flower food you can easily make your own. For each gallon of water, add 2 tablespoons bleach, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Arrange the flowers in your container as desired and voila! A beautiful floral arrangement for fall.