Shopping for gifts for family and friends can be fun, finding just the right present that you know that person wouldn’t spend the money to buy for themselves. However, there are also those people who are nearly impossible to shop for, whom, if they want something, just simply purchase it for themselves. I found this to be the case with my closest friend this year. I should know her the best and yet am completely at a loss as to what she would want. In these cases, sometimes you have no choice but to purchase a gift certificate (or give money)….whether it is to a restaurant, a store, or a spa. On those occasions, you may want to do something more creative than hand over a card with the money or gift certificate inside. Consider making a fun paper stocking that can also serve as a decoration.
- Create your own stocking template or use this template from Martha Stewart and trace the stocking on to patterned paper.
- Place a second sheet under the first with the wrong sides facing and sew them together, just inside the lines.
- Cut out with Fiskars scissors or pinking shears, leaving a small border outside the stitches.
- Decorate the top of the stocking with paper or ribbon and secure the decorations with double-sided tape.
- Glue a ribbon loop inside to hand the paper stocking.
To purchase pinking shears or a pair of Fiskars scissors, visit us online at ShopScissors.com.