Every year humanity raises the bar in giving back to the environment. In honor of Earth day every person should do a little to help this planet- it is the only home we have after all. Here are some methods that you could incorporate everyday that would help reduce our carbon footprint.
- Add a low flow faucet aerator to all showers and sinks: this could save 33 million gallons of water a year (and an obvious perk is your water pressure feels stronger)
- Walk or Ride your Bike everywhere you can. The store, to work, to class, even to friends houses on the weekends. Doing this reduces emissions and saves you money on gas.
- Use Recyclable Shopping Bags contrary to popular belief (and advertising) plastic bags are not biodegradable and cannot be properly recycled. Use cloth bags or don't accept a bag at all if your purchase can be carried by hand
- Recycle Everything, Buy Everything Recycled if we utilize this motto with every aspect of our lives, this world will look a little brighter every year.
- Purchase Kleen Earth Shears which are made with 70% recycled content, 30% post consumer content and come with a 10 year warranty. If everyone bought one pair or these, our landfills would reduce in size drastically every year.
It's our planet so let's take care of it. What are you going to do to ensure a greener Earth?